Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Visit to CT

Our visit to Connecticut started with a stop at my friend Sandi's. Wes had already met her son, Gavin, when he came with his Gram to my mom's house, but it was the first time Sandi had seen Wes, and we were able to wish Gavin a happy first birthday! The day I learned we were expecting a baby, I visited Gavin when he was only three weeks old. My how he's grown since then!
Do you see Wes about to cry? He's been teething and it hasn't been fun!
There were no tears to be seen on the swing, though, only smiles!
Feet and bums in the air!
Gavin hanging out with his dad
From Sandi's house we went to Grandma and Grandpa's and went for a boat ride--Wes' second trip on a boat.

This one wasn't just for fun, though. I dove and scrubbed the bottom of the boat. The weather was SO HOT and humid, it felt great, but the barnacles down my suit, in my hair, etc wasn't fun. :)
Then, we got ready for Dad and Sue's big dinner party, which included lobster and steak. Wes enjoyed looking at the lobster and I enjoyed eating them!We also spent time admiring Dad and Sue's garden, which also involved eating along the way. There's nothing like tomatoes fresh from the garden!
A fun time was had by all at the party and there was SO much food! Phil loved the chocolate cake, and was "caught" by Dad trying to steal a piece later that night, about 2 AM.

The next morning we let Wes try out a hand-me-down from Jacob and Hayley. He LOVES the saucer and it's been great for letting Phil and I pack!

While at Dad and Sue's, I took this picture of a picture. This is my grandfather, Wesly Vincent Birge, and the person Wes is named after.
Our last stop in Connecticut was at Pleasure Beach with Grandma. Do you see how happy the little surf dude is to be at the beach?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home