Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wesley's First Camping Adventure

Wesley's first camping trip was to Charlestown Breachway, a favorite place for many of our family members. The campground is rustic--it's really a big parking lot. There's no running fresh water, no electricity, but the views are amazing. We also love the waves at the main beach and the gentle, warm water in the back bay. Wesley and I stayed in Gram's little camper and Gram, Mom and Joe stayed in their camper.




Gram was a great Wes-watcher so I could play in the waves at the main beach.


The canal runs right by the campsites and is a great fishing spot!

The water and sand are great, and the sunsets are amazing!

Wes and I stayed inside once the mosquitos came out. I was very excited that Wes returned from our 4-day trip to the beach with no mosquito bites and no sunburn--quite a feat, I think.


Grammie read Wesley a good-night book
and then he fell fast asleep in our bed.
The next morning started off a little foggy, but it turned out to be a beautiful day!


Wesley loved this blow up turtle I got for him.

See Wes' foot as he floated downstream to Grammie and Leslie? Leslie's a friend from Walnut Hill who came to visit for the day.

He was pretty tuckered out after our adventure and fell fast asleep.
After holding him for 45 minutes and he was still sleeping, I knew it was going to be a powernap, so he slept in the turtle for another hour!
Most of the time, though, he took his naps in the car seat. I was brave and didn't bring the swing with us...and it was all OK. He was so good!
Leslie, hanging out with Wes
What a great first camping trip!

1 Comments:

At August 7, 2007 at 9:07 PM , Blogger Jane said...

Dear Kim and Phil,

I have very fond memories of camping with your grandparents and my parents at the Charleston Breachway when I was in college. It was a lot of fun climbing on the rocks and swimming at the beach.

That's the way to get him "broken in". Amelie loves camping and embraces our motto "it's ok, we're camping".

Love, Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home