Last weekend Wes, Grammie, Great Grandma and I went to Harvest Fest at
Gaining Ground. Gaining Ground is where I do a service learning project with my sixth graders. They grow organic food to donate to local soup kitchens and food pantries--it's one of my favorite places!

This is my friend Polly dancing with Wes--he LOVES music!


This is Polly and her son, Mat, entertaining Wesley while we ate some of the wonderful pot-luck dishes!

One of Wesley's first foods--kale. He seemed to enjoy it. He also liked a fresh carrot from the ground which I gave him to use as a teether.

This is the head farmer, Verena, who made the unfortunate mistake of wearing some beautiful feather earrings that Wes thought were great to pull!



A sunflower "shower"

Back at home, we fed Wesley another new food--bananas. He loved them!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home