Monday, March 24, 2008

Vacation #2

Wesley and I went on our second vacation, this time with Phil, who had the week off. While much colder, we had a great time on Martha's Vineyard.

On the ferry ride out--Phil didn't even turn green!The "lumps" on the rocks are Harbor Seals. I heart pinnipeds!
When the boat sheltered the wind, it wasn't too bad on the deck, so Wes and I spent the whole ride in the bright sunshine.
I was pleasantly surprised to see the first sign of spring on the island!
Our room at the Hanover House in Vineyard Haven was cozy and comfortable!
After settling into our room, our first stop was at the infamous Black Dog Tavern. We bought Wes a bib there to commemorate the event.
Wesley took all of his morning naps in the stroller as Phil and I walked and enjoyed the sights. This was the first time he's regularly worn mittens, and he wasn't too psyched about them.
Our first day there was St. Patrick's Day. This was Wesley's last "first," and we celebrated his first St. Patty's Day where all should be celebrated--at the local pub. We really enjoyed the Offshore Ale Company!


Feeding Dad Organic Os.
The next day during our walk, we found a huge hotel named in honor of the little guy :). It was closed for the season, but we're thinking it would be fun to go back and stay there.
This was taken in Oak Bluffs, a little town known best for its gingerbread houses (this one was by far the biggest and the fanciest) and for the longest continuous running carousel.

Do you think Life is Good would use this in their ads?
We loved the brewing company so much, we went back the second night. Wesley liked the open kitchen, especially the guy throwing pizza dough.
He also LOVED the live jazz music. See his hands? Anytime they paused for a second, he asked for "more music".

Time to go home! I'm not sure if you can see it, but in the copper cut-out of the island, there are two oak leaves where our inn was. Also to note--Wesley's lovely bedhead.
Back at home, Wesley helped me clean out the fridge before going grocery shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home