We arrived safely in DC late the night before, but Wes and I still got out to explore the sights. Phil worked at the Library of Congress each day we were there, but Wes and I did all of the fun stuff for him. The best part of our stay was that our hotel was only two blocks from the Capitol. (I do feel obliged to warn you that there are lots of Wes-in-a-stroller-in-front-of-something-important pictures, and I promise that I did let him out to run around. It's just that I was usually so busy chasing him, I couldn't take too many pictures...)


We found every fountain on "the hill." Wes liked them so much he's blowing kisses to the water here. He also likes the sticker the Capitol Police gave him. I've never seen so many police in one place!


A stop at the Butterfly Garden. Wes is thrilled, can't you tell?

Our first museum was the Museum of Natural History


So many cool fossils!

Wes likes the bees in the beehive!

That night we ate a Mexican place, and Wes ate chips with salsa for the first time! Also a first food this day was half of a sunflower seed butter and jelly sandwich...we've come a long way since rice cereal!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home