Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We hope you all had a wonderful Fourth!

For some strange reason "Come Here" in Wesley's world means "Run Away as Quickly as I Can." I was trying to catch him to get a family photo before Wes and I went down to the town parade...Got him! :)

Natick's parade is the quintessential home-town parade; the kind when there are so many people in the parade you wonder how there could possibly be so many people watching. Before the parade, they closed the street and had a clown and music for kids to dance and do the limbo. Wes thought this was the best!

It started with all of our town's fire trucks (and Public Work vehicles) and then one from each of the surrounding towns. They all had sirens blaring and it was SO LOUD that we didn't stick around for all of them.

Wesley loved the floats with bands, as did I. My favorites were the blues band and the steel drums; they have soul.
This was also Wes' first time seeing real horses. Atop this horse is Rex Trailer, who I've never heard of, but is apparently a hometown hero in the Boston area. Phil's comment was, "I can't believe he's still alive!"
Wesley LOVED the flags out for the Fourth, and was especially pleased with the one that was handed to him during the parade. He waved it all through dinner.
Our guest of honor this night was Julia, our co-dorm parent for the last year. We're SO SAD to see her go, but are very excited for her new adventure. She's going to be thepersonal assistant for the star of Ugly Betty . We're hoping staying in touch with Julia will give us a new reason and motivation to visit New York City.
Dessert, anyone? Wesley wasn't interested in eating the angelfood cake, whipped cream or strawberries, but he loved smushing the whipped cream everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home