So while Phil and I have both worked for the National Zoo, I had never been there because we worked at their Front Royal, VA Center for Conservation and Research site. It was nice to finally see the place I heard so much about!

The hippo was impressively large!

Wes liked watching the elephants.

The Meerkats were a bit hit with Wes because they came so close to the glass.


"Hey, you, did you notice there's a COW over here?!?"

My favorite--sea lions!


Did I mention it was hot in DC? The zoo was the worst because it's at the bottom of a hill so there's no breeze and they don't allow strollers in all but one building and I wasn't prepared to unload everything out of ours, so we were out in the heat for hours. He got a bit fussy, so I let the little man make some calls after I cooled him down with water.

Wes slept on the Metro ride back to the Mall.

We met up with Daddy at the Native American Museum. Wes enjoyed running in the cool air until we got in trouble for letting him go barefoot..oops!

We're so lucky that Wes is such a good traveler! He'll make himself at home anywhere!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home