Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Visit to Sturbridge Village

Wesley, Nana, Grammie, Grandpa Joe and I had a great time at Sturbridge Village!
Wes enjoyed watching the potter.

He also liked the playground area, but would only go through the tunnel if Mom came too.And then there was the rocking horse,
and the beautiful garden filled with Heirloom varieties!
But Wesley's favorite by far was all of the animal attractions. There was a fake cow to milk,
or ride upon (he was scared of this).

And real cows to pet!Wesley even ventured down the road to see more cows up close and personal. He's sitting because the hill was so steep that he tumbled--no harm done, though.
I eventually decided that I should follow him,

and it was a good thing I did because Wesley got very frightened when this large bull stuck his gigantic head through the fence. It's one of the only times Wes has come running to me out of fear!
Watching the sheep with Grammie was also lots of fun.


Hugging the fake sheep was Wes' idea, but cute enough for me to take a photo!Wes really likes chickens right now, so he liked looking at these fake ones,
but these real ones were too cool!

That is, until one of the roosters "cock-a-doodled" and freaked the little man out. He got over it quick enough, though and I enjoyed the big hug.Grandpa Joe made friends with a pig, which we all found amusing. I never knew they'd be so friendly!
The horses pulling the carriage were neat, too, but we weren't allowed to touch them.
So much fun in one day!
On our way out, Mary Lou and I took turns visiting the gift shop and playing soccer with Wes--he was thrilled!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home