Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We hope you had a great Halloween with lots of treats and not-so-many tricks!

Wesley's Halloween started a day early when he was at school. I called mid-morning to see how he was doing and Phyllis explained that all of the kids were in their costumes and they were going to have a little parade in the backyard. She was kind enough to take some pictures for me, but I think the ones in my head that got me through the rest of the day were better! :)The elephant, alligator, princess and chicken have a conference with Lucy, Phyllis and John's awesome "helper".
We carved our jack-o-lantern that afternoon, which Wesley was not very interested in, but was willing to point where the eyes, nose and mouth are.

We were very happy that Great Grandma and Grammie came up to celebrate the big day with us! I was also very happy that I could sneak out of work a little early to spend most of the day with everyone! They spent a lot of time drawing balls with Wesley at his desk.

We also played with the blocks, and Wes asked/demanded Great Grandma to get down on the floor with him. While it made Grammie and I nervous, she happily obliged.Thanks Grammie for our new fall decorations!


As Great Grandma and I got dinner ready, Phil and Grammie took Wes outside to take pictures with many of the other kids on campus.There were lots of kids: Wesley the chicken, Katherine the butterfly, Bruin the zebra, Ori the dragon/dinosaur, Jonas the dragon, and Elsa the butterfly.
We can't begin to explain how difficult it was to get pictures of the kids, especialy when the chicken kept walking away...

After a yummy dinner from Grammie, we got ready to trick-or-treat!

Wesley enjoyed some fruit in the Dining Hall before the big adventure,

and then we stopped at the Pumpkin Carving contest.
We joined Amy, Bruin, Jillian and Ori to trick-or-treat at Dorm Parent apartments on campus.
We even stopped at the Head of School's house. Thanks Eileen!


At our last stop, Wesley chose a lollipop,
which he chewed with the wrapper on for quite a while.
Thirty seconds after Phil asked if we should take it away and I replied, "No, he won't be able to get the wrapper off."
He got the wrapper off! He really LOVED his first taste of pure sugar, but it was short lived. I'll leave out the details of the crying that followed :). Hope you all had a spooktacular night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home